Treatment available for :
NECK PAIN with or without shoulder and arm pain
NECK PAIN with headache
Neck pain associated with generalized arthritis
- Chronic Neck pain following WHIPLASH injury either from Motor Vehicle Accident, Occupational, or Sport injury
Possible causes are:
- Disc herniation
- Degenerative disc disease
- Arthritis of spine, facet joint arthritis
- Trauma – whiplash injury from motor vehicle accident
- Failed neck surgery
- Myofascial pain syndrome or fibromyalgia
BACK PAIN (Low back, mid back and upper back pain) with hip and leg pain.
Low back pain associated with
- hip pain or buttock pain
- tailbone pain
- with leg pain (shooting pain or generalized deep seated bony pain)-radicular
- with arthritis
- with trauma such as motor vehicle accident, SPORT injury, work related injury (workers comp), and occupational injury
- Thoracic or mid back pain.
Possible causes are:
- Herniated disc
- Degenerated disc disease
- Internal disc disruption (degenerative condition triggered by either repetitive micro trauma or major trauma either occupational or accidental. This is a common condition in many undiagnosed patients with chronic back pain. MRI may not detect this all the time. It requires special tests.
- Spine Arthritis (facet disease)
- Sacroiliac joint disease ( 15 – 30% of back pain may be due to this condition).
- Spondylolisthesis (mal-alignment of the spine causing instability) and pars defect (defect in bone or stress fracture of bone),
- Failed back surgery causing back and or leg pain.
- Spinal Stenosis (Narrowing of spinal canal) : This condition causes severe back pain with or without leg and buttock pain, worse with standing or walking and relieved by resting, not completely. If untreated it may lead to loss of balance, loss of strength in legs, bowel and bladder dysfunction to name a few)
- Ligament or myofascial injury resulting in trigger points (muscle spasm)
- Vertebral body fracture either from osteoporosis or cancer.
- Scheuermanns disease: Associated with kyphotic deformity of back. Multilevel disc degenerative disease associated with facet joint arthritis. This causes mid back pain.
- Osteoporotic fracture
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Diabetic neuropathy affecting legs causing severe burning, stabbing pain pain
- Acute Herpes Zoster (Shingles) causing severe pain in the affected area.
- Pain after shingle or herpetic infection also known as Post herpetic neuralgia affecting chest wall, arm, leg or back. This is a complication of untreated Shingles or at times even after proper treatment.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type 1 (no obvious tissue damage) also known as RSD ( Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type 2 (evidence of nerve injury present) also known as Causalgia. In this condition, the pain is disproportionate to the inciting event. Sever pain in usually arm or legs without any ongoing tissue damage. It is usually associated with abnormal pain sensation, abnormal touch sensation, abnormal temperature sensation, swelling, abnormal skin color changes, cold intolerance etc.
- Traumatic Neuropathy. Nerve damage after direct trauma.
- Enterapment Neuropathy (such as Carpal tunnel syndrome, Meralgia Paresthetica, etc.
- Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy. Pain in either arm or legs associated with tingling numbness, increased skin sensitivity to pin prick (hyperpathia) etc.
- Pain after surgical nerve damage as seen after mastectomy (breast surgery) , post thoracotomy (chest surgery) etc.
- Phantom pain. Pain after amputation of limb.
- Post Stroke Central Pain Syndrome.
- Spinal Cord Injury causing severe back, leg or arm pain.
- Trigeminal neuralgia causing severe facial pain.
ARTHRITIS PAIN: Joint pain and stiffness such as,
- Shoulder , elbow, and wrist joint pain.
- Hip, knee, and ankle joint pain.
VISCERAL PAIN : (pain arising from organs)
- Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Abdominal angina.
- Persistent chest pain and discomfort after Coronary Bypass Graft Surgery.
- Interstitial Cystitis.
- Pelvic Pain.
ABDOMINAL AND PELVIC CANCER PAIN: Pancreatic cancer, Liver cancer, wide spread metastatic bone cancer, pelvic organ pain etc.
- Migraine & Cluster Headache.
- Tension Head Ache.
- Headache associated with neck pain (Cervicogenic). This can be from trauma causing whiplash injury, or cervical spondylosis (disc disease or arthritis).
- Cervical disc disease may result in headache.
- Atypical facial pain with headache.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia and TMJ, etc.
- Atypical facial pain ( e.g., glossodynia etc).
- Severe Peripheral vascular disease (failed bypass surgery) causing intractable claudication pain or leg pain with exercise, Non healing infection or wound.
- Persistent chest pain after CABG or Open heart surgery has failed.
Excessive Sweating in the Arm pit or hands (BOTOX) :
- Hyperhydrosis: Treatment is with Botulinum toxin administration. This provides temporary relief.